How To Maintain Your Bamboo Bong
Cleaning the inside
- Either with the downstem installed or not, cover the hole at the bottom with your thumb while the rest of your hand holds the base of your bootube.
- Using cold water or cold isopropyl alcohol fill your Bootube 25% – 50% full, add a handful of uncocked rice for extra scrubbing strength.
- Cover the top mouthpiece with the palm of your other hand, and hold on TIGHT.
- Shack vigorously for several minutes.
- Empty and rinse, repeat if necessary
- Re-seal downstem if necessary. see video below
What To Avoid
- Do not use warm or hot water to rinse out your Bootube.
- Do not use cleaners or brushes to scrub the inside.
Beeswax Resealing Kit
The downstem seal will need to be maintained and resealed from time to time. We have melted enough beeswax into the underside of your tube to allow you to re-seal your tube for a life-time! Simply scrape off a small bit of wax from under your tube and follow the directions below for resealing your downstem.